Things To Know
The Daintree Rainforest Area & Daintree Cascades
Things you may need to know about the Daintree Rainforest area and our property.
- To get to the Daintree Rainforest you must come across the Daintree River car ferry. This costs roughly $25 return for one car and is cash only
- There is limited Telstra mobile phone reception in the area although you can get it down on Thorntons Beach a 3 minute drive from Daintree Cascades
- There is no internet available at Daintree Cascades but Wi-Fi can be purchased at a couple of restaurants including Lynch Haven (5 minutes’ drive from us) or Whet (located in Cape Tribulation).
- James and Ali can be contacted using the home phone located in both houses on 40989239. The cottage phone gets best reception on the front veranda. This phone is for local calls only and can be used to make any tour bookings in the area.
- The creek is pristine fresh spring water and is safe to swim in (no crocs) but the rocks may be slippery so enter the creek at your own risk.
- Thorntons Beach is a fantastic spot north and is only a 3 minute drive from Daintree Cascades and Cow Bay Beach is a 15 minute drive south. Enjoy a sunset stroll or lap up the sun during the day.
- There are numerous restaurants found north and south of our property all close by. We are centrally located between the ferry and Cape Tribulation.
- A 4WD is not necessary to reach Daintree Cascades although if you would like to venture up the Bloomfield track which is north of Cape Tribulation a 4WD is required.
- Both houses have full size fridge freezers and it is suggested that you do your food shopping before you come across the ferry (Mossman is the closest town located 40 minutes south of the ferry). There is only a small IGA in Cape Tribulation and items can be purchased at the petrol station as well.
- OTHER TERMS - Enter the creek at your own risk.
Our Cancellation Policy
- Cancellations up to 30 days from date of arrival- 100% refund,
- Cancellations between 30 days and 48 hours- 50% refund,
- Cancellations less than 48 hours- No refund
Any Other Questions?
If you need to know anything or are unsure about the area please call Ali on 0437 059 908 before you come up to the property, but you can also contact her via the home phone if required.