Directions from Cairns
The Journey to Daintree Cascades will take roughly 2 and a half hours.
We recommend to hire a private vehicle as there is no public transport once you reach the Daintree Rainforest. You are able to hire a car at the airport or at one of the nearby car hire companies. It is not necessary to hire a 4WD to reach our property.
If you are staying during the wet season (Roughly between December and April) it might be a good idea to hire a 4WD as the creeks can become full and result in water over causeways and the road.
- Head North from the airport along Captain Cook Highway.
- Follow the picturesque coastline heading to Port Douglas. (Roughly 67kms)
- Continue north along the highway through to Mossman. This area is famous for the Mossman Gorge, sugar cane fields and sugar mill. (Roughly 17kms form Port Douglas)
- Mossman or Port Douglas is a perfect place to stop for any supplies you may need during your stay. This is important as there is only a small local store for basics and fuel.
- From Mossman continue north for 25kms until you reach the turn off to Cape Tribulation and Daintree River Ferry ( if you reach Daintree Village you have gone too far)
- Once across the Daintree River continue over the Alexandra range and keep heading north for around 15kms.
- Once you pass the petrol station on your right, the second left is Turpentine Rd (dirt road)
- Head along Turpentine Rd until the road forks and turn left onto Stonewood Rd.
- We are 300m down on the right (only property on the right) once entering the driveway follow signs to either the Roundhouse or the Cottage and enjoy…
- The keys will be in the door.
Things To Know
Before coming up to our Daintree Rainforest accommodation please check out our ‘things to know’ page.